So, we joined the Disney movie club because one of us really likes Disney and one of us likes some of their movies and we thought we'd get a few of them for cheap. So, I like most of the ones we've gotten, because we picked out ones we knew we liked.
But, Peter Pan is not one of them. Wendy is insipid. Peter is annoying. They're all racist and chauvinistic. The mermaids and Tinker Bell are stereotypes of pretty, jealous girls. Why would a ten-year-old boy have a harem of curvy, voluptuous, scantily clad mythical creatures? The pirates always talk of violent pursuits with relish. And John, the one with a monocle and top hat is just odd.
My favorite character is Smee.
Other than that, I'm not real fond of this movie. This whiny blog is brought on by the fact that it is on in the background. We've watched all the other ones too recently to bother with.
Again, mom of the year, despite friendly encouragement. I should go find some vegetables to feed my tv drugged child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You radiate wisdom indeed. We can call Disney classics 'classics' but the truth is, most of them are pretty scary.
Oh Cynthia I love it! It is so very true and I have never looked at it that way! I totally agree with you!
I can stand pet pan, but to tell the truth, I really don't know if I have ever seen Sleeping Beauty all the way through. If I have, I successfully blocked all recollection of it. I know I have seen bits and pieces, but it never kept my attention.
Wendy seems about the same age as Peter and some of the Lost Boys. But she's supposed to come in and be a mother to them. He doesn't want to ever grow up. So how about if she grows up early, and takes on all the cooking and cleaning and responsibility of caring for all of them? Yeah, something seems wrong there.
Post a Comment