Friday, October 17, 2008

Floral flannel burqa

To distract Annika from the forbidden fork she was running around with, I grabbed her blanket and her and we hid under it and made funny noises. For the next 10 minutes we played a cute game of "Annika kind of hiding under the blanket" and I clapped and oohed and aahed as she would reveal that is was indeed her under the blanket. But, then, for the next 30 minutes, she played under the blanket by herself. Maybe she was practicing for next year's ghost costume, I'm not sure, but she was walking around the house under the blanket, bumping into the things with a giggle. Falling over things, with a giggle. Climbing on the guitar case, her favorite, and falling off, with a giggle. I had tears in my eyes, I was laughing so hard. She was having such a good time, feeling her way around. The blanket would fall off, so she would impatiently yank it back on. Apparently, sight was just slowing her down.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

If she inherits any of the Gardner vision genes it may be to her advantage to learn to feel her way around the world. :)