Annika has been sick this weekend with an earache, which is miserable for anybody, but especially for someone who can't explain what's wrong. We spent a sleepless night helping her sleep, (the tv was the only thing that calmed her, which is weird, because she doesn't watch much tv.) We were lucky to get a Saturday appt. with the pediatrician who confirmed that she did have an ear infection and a bad one at that. She told us how much tylenol and ibuprofen to give her and also have her an antibiotic. She said they usually hold off on the antibiotics as long as they can, but this was a situation that pretty much called for it. Poor girl! However, the pain reliever usually kicks in within 10 minutes after taking it. Its been hard, mostly because she is such an easy going kid and she doesn't cry much. So, to see her crying inconsolably is really scary. So, hurrah for antibiotics!
On a funnier note, he new favorite toy is John's socks. She'll take a sock out of the clean laundry and carry it around like a security blanket, or she'll put it on her head, etc. I bought her some toys for her birthday, but maybe I'll just get her a pack of socks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm wary of antibiotics being over-prescribed, because of the resulting drug-resistant bacteria. But after the episode with Madeleine's burst eardrum, I'm a big fan of getting treatment for an earache right away. I think you did the right thing. I hope she feels better soon; poor girl.
I do feel for Annika. I have had ear infections that I could remember (like 15ish and 30ish). I don't know if I had any as a baby/toddler. Any way, the pain. . . OUCH! Hope she is back to her old self soon.
Post a Comment