Friday, March 14, 2008

Best husband ever!

I hosted our book club last night and we usually have app. 15 show up. We have refreshments, usually consisting of something almost "light dinnerish" and finger food and something sweet. Not knowing if 5 or 20 people would show up, I prepared for a whole lot of people and worked really hard. (It costs a lot of money to throw a "simple" shindig.) Anyway, by 6pm, when John got home, I was tired, sweaty and racing to get last minute things done. John comes in with a dozen long-stemmed red roses. Really!
Back in February, someone with the Rotary club was selling flowers for "donations." John had mentioned the donation, but didn't tell me about the flowers. They came yesterday, so I had a beautiful and jealousy-inducing display of red roses. Aaw.

Less romantic: Annika had to get 5(!) shots yesterday. She's usually pretty good about them, but she doesn't usually have a marathon session. I felt sick, as they just kept coming. Annika, underneath the anguished and outraged look, was saying, "mom? why aren't you stopping this?" I wanted to puke. Instead, I kept telling her that the nice nurse was helping her to be big and strong and free of crippling diseases. She'll thank me later.
And, the doctor saidm with a smile, "by all means, give her Benadryl." She did say, however, to give some in advance in case she gets hyper instead
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Beee said...

That is sweet about the roses. What book did you discuss at book club? Nice that you have so many that will turn out. How many did come?
Enjoy the roses.

Cynthia said...

We read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time."
A 15 year old autistic boy sets out to solve a mystery and writes his own account.
Really interesting, really different.
15 people came, and aside from an unopened Costco 24 pack of croissants leftover, everything was perfect!