Friday, March 28, 2008

Fresh cut tulips

A mile or so up the road is a cute family farm called VanderZanden's. They have a cutesy windmill in front and they sell tulip bulbs and fresh cut tulips. They probably have other things in season, but thats not currently coming to mind. We bought our tulip bulbs there earlier and yesterday I bought 3 bunches of fresh cut tulips for $4 each.

Interruption: Its hailing outside right now. Hmmph. This contrasts with, in a harsh way, my musings on Tulips.

Anyway, back to spring, if only in my dreams. I gave one bunch away and brought two home. One is thriving and standing tall and regally. The other practically worships the cereal bowls on the table. ie: they drooped. A lot. Maybe in anticipation of today's hail.

In other news, Annika and I went to Utah last week so that I could go to a friend's wedding. We saw Annika's grandparents and aunts and uncles on John's side, (John wasn't able to come) and they had a great time. Annika's first official word, other than Mamamamam and Dadadadad, was doggie. Anyone who knows of my deep and abiding love for household pets will rejoice with me in knowing how special this is for me.
Actually, it came because Annika had a great time flirting with Oscar, a self-designated nannydog. She would reach over the safety gate and touch his nose and quickly pull away and bury her head in Aunt Marissa's shoulder. She repeated this as long as Oscar would stay. When he walked away, she craned her neck to see where he had gone. Super cute. I'm still not getting a dog.

The wedding was beautiful, as was Beth. I stayed with my aunt and uncle and we had a great time. However, Annika got a fever. She was pretty sick and slept a lot and was pretty mellow and clingy when she was awake. I didn't mind the clingy part, as she doesn't usually want to sit still. I liked just holding her.

We're back now, and boring as ever.
So, not much to write about that.
So, I'm done.

Except, when I'm putting on makeup in the bathroom and Annika is hanging out, I usually remember to put the garbage out of the way, and hopefully the toilet brush. But not today. EEEEEW.

1 comment:

Beee said...

Have you ever put cut tulips in warm water? It is fun to watch them open fully.