I won't say what time I got out of bed today. In my defense, I was reading, but I was still in bed. And I heard what I thought was the garbage truck. Not being sure if John had put out the trash, I frantically started for the garage. The bins across the street were empty already, but my neighbor's was/is still propped open, presumably with trash. Either they were late as well, or they are ruining any chances of a deep and abiding friendship because of their prank. My bin is still propped open, but not by accident. By smelly diapers.
Lesson: poo stinks, be more vigilant about it's removal.
Next topic: all of my clothes have either: holes, stains, oil spots, stretched edges, maternity bands (my jean skirt is super cute, I'll wear it right through my next pregnancy and so on.) Or they shrink. I buy a flattering shirt and the second time I wear it, I have bra lines, fat arm syndrome and a gap between my shirt and my pants. Maybe I should start wearing my super soft and extremely durable bathrobe more. Around the house, to the bank, Winco, church. I'm not sure what shoes to wear with it, though. My point for bringing this up is that when single and had no expenses other than my own and no vision for the future, I could buy new clothes guilt free. I wasn't a clothes horse (?), but I generally had clean clothes. Now, though we have a monthly clothes budget, I somehow feel like it is a luxury instead of a necessity. Unless I buy bras. Clothes for John, though, are a considered only as a necessity, because he derives no specific pleasure from them except warmth and modesty. (His view of heaven is that we are all naked. Not in a weird sense, just in a non-clothes sense. This may be too much information.)
New topic: I'm so excited about my upcoming trip to Utah, but I'm really nervous about traveling alone with Annika. She is an explorer and a runner and really, really not a sit still and cuddle kind of girl. (Except when she's sick.) So, I'm having a really hard time imagining this flight to be a peaceful one. Or a quiet one. Or pleasant for my neighbors. Oh, dear.
Anyone know any tricks? Or safe, legal, non-morally questionable ways to "calm" a child. (drugs, hypnotism, strait jacket.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmm...I usually give both kids Dramamine or Bonine (the children's chewable Bonine is really easy to break into pieces and both kids like the taste). Annika would probably take about a quarter of a pill, but be sure to check dosage if you do it. My sister swears by Benadryl, which I haven't had good success with it just hypes Beth up and makes her nervous, and doesn't have the queasy-stomach-calming properties of the Bonine.
Really, people have been sooooo kind to me when I've traveled alone with kids...and you have a short flight! Give 'em all a winning smile, dress Annika in something adorable, and maybe take something to knock yourself out. (That would work, right?)
Good luck. I hope your flight goes smoothly. Say hi to everybody for me! I wish I could have gone with you, but things are really busy here right now. I'm sorry. :-(
Post a Comment