We're going camping this weekend and I've been making a packing list. We only have one child, and yet, I think we'll need to rent a U-Haul. I can't believe how much stuff we have to bring! I have to figure out a way to effectively pare this down without leaving us starving and open to the elements. (Camping in Oregon takes some flexibility, and packing for a variety of potential weather conditions.)
Anyway, I'm looking forward, mostly, to seeing how Annika likes sleeping in a tent, eating outdoors, not running into the fire, being covered in dirt all weekend, and being in the hiking backpack. I'm hoping that this is all delightful. Except the covered in dirt part.
I'm very crafty and I don't mean scrapbooking. I mean Mr. Burns, "excellent" kind of way. We were having a planning meeting for our Laurel activities and we were trying to come up with good, useful and educational activities that would allow us to be outside. Someone suggested that we learn gardening and who could teach us and where we could do that. Hmm. I can't teach, but I have a backyard that needs a garden.
So, now that John has turned over the garden patch, I'll have the Laurels come and do all the rest of the work! Yay for free labor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment