Its almost official! We are almost certainly buying a house! Our offer has been accepted and we are having the inspection this Friday. We agonized, prayed, fasted and lost sleep (John) over this whole process and especially this house. We had put an offer in earlier, but got ambivalently bad news at the exact time we had to decide about the counter-offer, so we turned it down. When the ambivalent issue became positively positive, we started the losing sleep process over. We finally decided to go forward with this (beautiful) house and we've felt fine (a little nervous) over it since. We are starting to get really excited, actually, for a number of fine reasons, which I will now enumerate. (Always like to use enumerate in a sentence.)
1. Its such a cute (really, really nice) house
2. Annika is rolling this way and that, up on her hands and knees on the verge of crawling and scooting every which way and she needs big, empty, furniture-less rooms to roam in.
3. BIG kitchen to accommodate my new life as a committed homemaker, bent on budgeting very carefully, especially in our food budget. As this involves making a lot of things from scratch, and I'm not very familiar with scratch, I anticipate many more failures in the kitchen before the satisfying and tasty money saving meals begin. (I just re-read that sentence, and it does take re-reading for it to make sense. Try again.) So, when I say "committed" homemaker, I'm hoping for successful efforts and not padded cells.
4. There will be room for ALL of you! (To visit. Not to move in. I hope that sounds as friendly as I mean it.)
5. It has a three car garage, so we can stop calling our storage room a guest room where no guest can stay.
6. It has vaulted ceilings and TONS of windows. Never having lived through an Oregon fall, winter and spring, I'm not sure how much light or gloom they'll let in. I'm hoping, (and I'm told) that it will help with the light.
7. It is just so darn cute! And its white!
8. I'm just on a roll with the numbers so I'll give you Annika's latest cutenesses:
9. (?) She sticks her tongue out frequently, like Linus when he is concentrating. (If you don't know or remember who Linus is, please stop reading my blog forever.)
10. Her hair is completely outside the jurisdiction of all laws of physics. She has oddly long sections and a cowlick in the back where a very long tuft is consistently telling me the current force and direction of the wind.
11. She takes THREE naps a day! Still! And she doesn't protest going to bed!
12. She smiles as big as the sky when we go in to get her in the morning or from a nap. She greets us as though we are the best people ever. And happily, to her, we are.
13. She laughs and laughs and laughs when we play with her.
14. She spits up a little less than she used to.
If you'd like to witness any of these traits in person, please come visit!
On another subject, if any of you would like to email me a simple grammar lesson regarding commas I would happily take your advice. (If correct.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So THAT'S where Sarah's other nap went: she gave it to Annika! (I've been wondering what she did with it.)
Congratulations on the HOUSE! I'd love love love to see pictures. Am crossing fingers that all turns out okay.
Moo told me today that you are now the official owners of a house. CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for you.
Post a Comment