Well, we did it. We bought a house. It is pretty surreal. I kind of figured that by the time I had a husband, baby and a house, I would be grown up and have my life together. That is not currently the case. Yet. (I'm sure perfection is right around the corner.)
Now that the house is ours, I'm afraid that everything is going to crumble to dust. For instance, the back yard is now filled with giant mushrooms. I think they were lurking all the time, but saw the previous owner's truck leave and they sprung into action.
Actually, the mushrooms come out because of the damp and can be removed easily. They go away when it dries up. Nonetheless, it is disconcerting.
Also, the kitchen cabinet doors hang funny. Why didn't I notice before? (Possibly, because it doesn't matter?)
The truth is, I'm thrilled. It is a beautiful house, nicer than I ever thought we'd be able to afford, especially as a first house. I'll be posting pictures on Flickr, and probably send out an email.
In Annika news, Annika is crawling (the mode changes with each movement.) Sometimes, it is an army crawl. Sometimes, she looks like an inch worm, with her bum high in the air, followed by a forward lunge of her upper body.
She also talks. A lot. And she waits for an answer. So, I do. I think we are having the same conversation, but either way, we understand each other.
Her hair has mercifully calmed down. She no longer looks as though she is permanently fused to one of those electric balls that makes your hair stand on end. It is calmer, but that may actually be due to her new styling products, squash and sweet potatoes. Either way, it works.
We've entered a new phase in diaper changing. I think she may be practicing for her trying out for the WWF. If John is at home, we tag team, he at her head, distracting her, and me at the diaper end, working as fast as I can. When it is just me, I usually get her diaper off, wipe and re-diaper her in a pathetic chase, following after and her bare and lethal bum. (Not really lethal, but dangerous.)
Now, off to make Halloween costumes. We're going as David and Goliath. Guess which is which!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment