Monday, June 23, 2008

Sick

Annika and I have been for the past week and then some. Really sick. The problem here, is that I don't like to be sick. I'm whiny and wimpy sick. I secretly bask, a tiny bit, in the excuse to watch unhealthy amounts of tv, read in bed all afternoon and not get dressed for days. But, really, I just don't like being sick.

One of the many down sides to being sick is the legion of used kleenex around my house. You may read this and say, "Eww. Maybe you should throw those away." I have, mostly, but see, I was sick. And still am, a little. So, I only realize the leftovers when Annika comes in cradling one. Chances are good that the new found dirty kleenex was used on her nose, but its still a bit gross.

Right now, she is playing with a clean tissue that I crumpled up to look used (go figure) and she is cradling the For The Strength of Youth pamphlet in the other. Go, Zion!

3 comments:

Moo said...

I guess she just wants to be clean, physically and morally!

Libby said...

Poor Annika! Poor you!

I would bring you chicken soup and cookies if I were closer.

Mary said...

Hope you get feeling better. Last time you were here, I was the one who was sick. Hopefully, we can both be well when you come this time. (Annika and John, too.)