No, not depression. My kitchen. Which is pretty depressing.
Here is my philosophy: As Christ said, "the poor are always among us", my saying is, "the kitchen is always among us." What I mean when I say this is, "I'll clean later, because this is the only chance that I have to do something else and if I spend my whole life cleaning the kitchen first, I will never do anything else for ever. Ever."
So, my kitchen is not clean. (I recognize that this 5 minute blog session is taking from my kitchen cleaning, but my philosophy on that is "shut up.")
We planted flowers in our front yard and some vinca (ground cover) in our backyard and we are feeling very proud of ourselves. I have high expectations that our modest efforts will yield spectacular results. I have ambitions of gardening greatness, but as spring has come in name only, my incentive to be outside with my "garden" is low. And, I find that gardening greatness is often accompanied by time spent in the garden. My philosophy on this is "hmmph."
I'm going to do something that can only be done right now and takes precedence over kitchen cleaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cynthia,
Here are some more things to do while avoiding the kitchen:
Go to slides.com to make slideshows.
Go to statcounter.com to see who visits your website.
Read my Mom's new blog (link on my page).
Have a fabulous day.
I figured that if I got too good at the cleaning stuff and kid stuff, when I got to heaven they would put me on the eternal cleaning and nursery detail.
The dishes will always be there when you get back and its nobody's business if you don't get them done. Enjoy life. The dishes will wait. Mary
Post a Comment