Annika and I were coming back from Seattle this past weekend and we got caught in some really bad traffic. While we sat for 45 minutes or so, we were listening to a live broadcast from the Metropolitan Opera. I don't know what it was, but it was funny. I think. It was in french.
Anyway, at various points in the show, the live audience would applause. Annika loves to clap, she knows the word (she can't say it, but she claps when I say clap) and she loves people to imitate her and she likes to imitate others. My point is, Annika loves clapping. However, applause from a large audience doesn't sound the same as one or two claps. It sounds more like rain, or white noise. Also, she couldn't see anybody clapping. But, my genius girl clapped along with everyone else in the Met opera house.
She'll also imitate singing, vowels, howls, laughs, snorts, etc. She puts her hand over her mouth and says, "hoo, hoo", kind of like an indian war cry. (Or, a 1950s spaghetti western interpretation of an indian war cry.) She beats her chest, she waves in a funny hand squeezing motion and she will cackle in an evil villain kind of way. She'll cuddle on our shoulders when she's tired, wipe her eyes at exactly the right time to reassure me that she is indeed ready for sleep. She'll lay down with a smile and a hug for rabbit and turn away so that we know we can leave. She combs her hair (not in a pretty, helpful manner, just in a brilliant baby manner) and she loves her sippy cup. Except when she throws it on the floor with decided finality. She adores her daddy and hoo-hoos in such an excited way when he comes through the door.
We thank God every night for the chance to be her parents. She is definitely the best baby we've ever had, but I get the idea that she is also an exceptionally happy, easy going, funny little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I MISS Annika! I can't stand it that she and Sarah are growing up on opposite sides of the country.
Yeah for a long blog post! I'm glad that my niece is so dang cute.
Post a Comment