Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You all should update your blogs too

Yeah, its been a while. Its been a while since I mopped my floor too. And yet...

Emily is mellow and smiley and drooley and can roll over and likes to suck anywhere from 2 - 10 fingers at a time. She sleeps pretty well and loves her brother and sister. And mom and dad. She is very verbal and is really funny to listen to. Her hair is kind of growing back and she still has blue eyes.

Annika is brilliant and can read slowly and can write most things with a little help and sometimes no help. I keep finding papers that say "ILovEyOUCcatandbatandcow." She gave John and me a note and picture that said that we were the most special mommy and daddy in the world. I will tear my house apart to find it if it doesn't show up in the next few days of cleaning. She is soo friendly and enthusiastic and mature. Most of the time on the maturity. At her preschool Christmas program she did not drown out the other 23 kids like she did at last years end of the year program. This year the teacher asked everyone else to match her so she was one of many loud voices. (Probably still the loudest, but not SO OVERWHELMINGLY!) She is helpful and thoughtful and really, really fun.)

Jacob. Jacob. Jacob. "I bonked my head." pause. "I need a new head."

"No, I don't need a shirt. I have shirt-pants." (He hikes his pants up to his armpits a la Ed Grimley.)

Regarding the plague of flies as we tell the story of Moses in Egypt: "And then the flies went home and drinked their juice."

When playing the "Marshmallow Gratitude Game":
"I'm grateful for my stister to come."
me- "which sister?"
J - "Daddy."

We sent Jacob's binky to the binky fairy a few months ago and haven't had any problems. he potty trained easily with the normal occasional accidents. Hand washing is the real issue because he'll play in the water for 20 minutes and I'll come into the bathroom to find hand soap smeared all over the counter, mirror and his hair. Toilet paper all over the floor, or the whole roll in the toilet is also a pretty common scenario. I know these are normal things for an almost three year old, but this is a daily, if not twice daily occurrence. I lost what little patience I had with it weeks ago. Jacob also started preschool this month and he loves it. At least he loves the toys, he doesn't really mention the other stuff.

Both Annika and Jacob started swim lessons yesterday. Annika has already taken a number of classes but its Jacob first time. Lessons started at 2:10. They were in their bathing suits at 9 am. It was a long day.












5 comments:

Moo said...

Yeah for blog updates! I'll think about updating min. Cute pics. The kids are getting really Big.

Kids! said...

What a fantastic update! Love all the details about the kids. Miss you all! Hugs!
sharleen

Alycia said...

Thinking about posting a blog. Cute pictures and great stories. I don't know how you do it.

Anne Marie said...

It was great reading your updates! And thanks for posting pics. I love your hair! Your kiddos are cute and clever. :)

Michelle said...

This is hilarious. I haven't been on here lately (since you stopped updating it much, I stopped checking it much). But I am loving these funny Jacob quotes - I need a new head! I have shirt-pants! He is really, really funny. So glad I checked today!