Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thoughtful

I've been seeing the chiropractor (and her massage therapist!!!) for some issues I've been having, much to my relief and almost as much to John's. He's been very loving and giving me frequent shoulder and neck rubs. Apparently, in a sleepy attempt to return the kindness, he woke up the other (early) morning to me sleepily rubbing his temple. He asked me if I wanted mine rubbed (assuming that I either consciously or unconsciously wanted the massage) and I said no, thanks. I was just so glad I could help him.

The thing is, I totally remember this, in a sleepy haze-like way. But, in my version, he asked me to rub his temples and I was just lovingly caring for him.

My freshman roommate woke up in the middle of the night leaning over me in my bed with her extra blanket in her hands. She was tucking me in because in her dream I was cold and needed the extra blanket. When she woke over her sleeping roommate, she sheepishly took the blanket back and climbed back into her own bed.

Another friend on our freshman floor woke up behind our other friend's door. That friend who was awake had been washing her bed before finally going to sleep at midnight or so. She started to close her door to find a sleepy and confused Tanya standing there. "Tanya, what are you doing?" Thinking quick, "I'm...uh...playing hide and seek." And she ran back to bed.

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

The hide and seek comment is hilarious. My husband is a major sleep=doer. He doesn't walk in his sleep too much, but he's always doing something kooky. It's good for a laugh anyway!

Cynthia said...

And by "washing her bed" I mean washing her face.