Monday, July 28, 2008

Our week

Tuesday:
While volunteering at Family Bridge, a transitional homeless shelter for families only, Annika fell down three cement stairs onto a cement patio. Head over heels. And landed on her face. I wanted to cry the whole way home, even though she was happy and smiling by then. She cut her lip, but was otherwise fine. I wouldn't let her nap for a while, so that I could make sure she didn't have a concussion.
Moral: Never volunteer anywhere that has steps.



Thursday:
Concert in Shute Park. Annika danced and clapped and played on the playground. We worked hard to find a good place on the grass to sit, and sat a total of maybe 5 minutes each. We gave up and played on the playground, still within hearing of the concert. Had super yummy ice cream sold by some local dance group.

Friday:
Went to two different friends' houses. Annika got beat up by 2 year-olds at both places. She was very blase about it.


Saturday:
Went to Cannon Beach with the youth. We brought a trunkful of stuff. Set up a beach cabana against, no, not the sun, the drizzle. Set up her pack n' play, just in case. Watched her eat sand and joyfully run all over the beach. We had the start of a wonderful time, and all of a sudden, they announced that it was time to go! We were just getting started! We'd only been there 2 hours and we'd spent a good 1/2 hour of it setting up for the day! Teenagers! (Actually, there was something else at church that started at 3.) Mormons!






Sunday:
Annika plays the funnel. Like a trumpet. From both ends. The big end covers her face and she trumpets. She puts the small end in her mouth and she trumpets. Its great because she can combine music and peek-a-boo. And dressing up as the blue plastic man, cousin to the tin man.

I don't remember what day this is, but it is to show that I do her hair sometimes. The reason I don't do it more frequently should be obvious.

5 comments:

Moo said...

I love the hair picture. That's what Amanda looked like when Mom did her hair. I think Annika's thoughts are something like, "why do we have to brush my hair? Can't we just shave it all off and then it won't be a problem for me or you?""

Michelle said...

Cute pictures! Can't wait to see you guys!

Beee said...

Really nice family photo there at the beach. You make the cutest family!

Mary said...

I think Annika has a funnel thing. It looks like you found a better funnel than you had here, much larger and more versatile.
Loved the pictures and so did Bumpah. If I can find my camera, I will send the ones we took while you were here. ......I'm still looking for the kitchen table.

C said...

She's very very very cute. Congrats on the upcoming newbie! We haven't seriously contemplated a second yet, but I suppose we'll decide soon. We've been terrible at keeping eachother updated, but I think this will help. Yes, your blog was THE inspiration.
Also jealous you live in Portland. We vacationed out in the Pacific NW 2 summers ago (when we were rich and famous) - we started in Seattle and ended in Portland and we just loved it.