All three of us have had the stomach flu this week and though we're on the mend, my house is not. Well, if I start to mend it, it will be. But, I'm still tired. It is a lot of work being sick and not doing any work. Except, I will categorize changing stomach-flu-baby's diaper WORK. But, John helped with every single one he was home for! Amazing man. Even when he is sick.
So, I read Anne of Windy Poplars yesterday, (my sickest day) and though I generally enjoy the Anne books, yesterday she was SOOOO annoying! Why is everything so flowery? Why is everything rosy or misty or hallowed or cozy or a kindred spirit house? Why is there always a sweet or moody or lovable or midnight black cat with a mysterious scowl? Why is she able to fix every single problem ever? Why is it ok that she doesn't see Gilbert for three years before they get married. (With a few exceptions.) And, why doesn't she ever get the stomach flu and spend days in the cherubic and truly delicious bathroom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't think delicious and bathroom should be used next to each other. It brings up yucky pictures in my head. I hope that you all feel fabulous soon. By the way, I always found L.M. Montgomery too flowery for my taste. I don't like how much she describes everything and leaves little to the imagination.
exactly! its not delicious at all!
Speaking of "delicious" and "bathroom", it is quite disturbing at my school. We probably have the most "delicious smelling" women's facilities ever. The bathroom and kitchen share a wall, so when they bake, the smell wafts into the lou. It is wrong, wrong, wrong.
As someone who lives in an old house...how delicious could an early-1900s bathroom BE?
Post a Comment