Friday, September 14, 2007

Funny

A few days ago I had a really frustrating day with an unusually fussy Annika and a number of other things and was quite worn out when John got home. I rested on the couch for a few minutes before we ate dinner while John changed Annika. He called for help which meant it was especially dirty, so I thought. He called for a spit up rag and came out to the kitchen as I was getting one. I looked for the spit up on his shirt, but he interrupted my shirt with a sheepish, "my head." I looked up and he had goop on his forehead and down his face! He had played airplane with Annika, her up high over his head and she had played her own game with Dad! I laughed and laughed and laughed! That made my day. What goes around comes around, so I'd better watch out.
Annika can now flip over both ways quite well and she can scootch on her back, which means that if I lay her on the floor, she is usually far from her original spot when I turn around. This can be unnerving, especially when she has her head wedged under the fan. Or coffee table. She can't move because she can only scootch backwards and she can't go any farther. I just turned around again, and she's comfortable lying feet first under the coffee table.

No comments: